Adairville is a Logan county town on US 431 about 10 miles south of Russellville. Settlement may have begun about 1788 with Kilgore's Station or Dromgoole's Station. The town was laid out in 1818 and established in 1833. It was named for General John Adair. Adairville was incorporated in 1871. The Adairville post office opened in 1832. The population in 2010 was 852.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2015 David C. Elbon