Kentucky Atlas and Gazetteer

Albany, Kentucky

Albany, the seat of Clinton county, was established in 1837 on the site of a tavern owned by Benny Dowell. (The original county seat was at Paoli, two miles south.) The name may be from the city in New York. Albany was incorporated in 1838. The Paoli post office opened in 1833 and moved to Albany in 1837. The population in 2010 was 2,033.

MORE INFORMATION

SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER

© 2014 David C. Elbon