Alexandria, one of the seats of Campbell county, is located on US 27 about eight miles south of Newport, the other county seat. The area was settled beginning around 1793 and the post office opened in 1819. Alexandria may have been named for the city in Virginia. The population in 1990 was 5,592.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon