Anchorage is an eastern Jefferson county city and Louisville suburb founded circa 1855 by Edward D. Hobbs, president of the Louisville and Frankfort Railroad, as a station on that railroad. Anchorage was incorporated in 1878. The post office opened as Hobbs Station in 1865, was renamed Anchorage in 1872 for the home of James W. Goslee, a retired riverboat captain, and closed in 1965. The population in 2010 was 2,348.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon