Barlow is a Ballard county city about six miles northeast of Wickliffe. It was settled in the mid-nineteenth century and was originally called Barlow City, probably for Thomas Jefferson Barlow, an early settler. Barlow City was incorporated in 1872. The Barlow City post office opened in 1875 and was renamed Barlow in 1903. The population in 2010 was 675.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2014 David C. Elbon