Bartles was a Meade county town north of the mouth of Otter Creek on the Ohio River. It was originally the Gerkins Station on the Louisville, Saint Louis, and Texas Railway and was later known as Willowdale and finally Bartles. It is now within Fort Knox. The Willowdale post office opened in 1892 and closed in 1897. The Bartles post office operated from 1900 to 1941.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon