Berry is a Harrison county town on the South Fork of the Licking River about nine miles northwest of Cythiana. It was established on land donated to the Covington and Lexington Railroad by George W. Berry in the 1850s. The town was incorporated as Berryville in 1867 and changed to Berry in 1869. The first post office opened as Berry's Station in 1856 and was shortened to Berry in 1880. The population in 2010 was 264.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2016 David C. Elbon