Blaine is a Lawrence county city on Hood Creek at its mouth on Blaine Creek, about 18 miles southwest of Louisa. Settlement probably began in the late eighteenth century. The name of the creek and town came from Ephraim Blaine, an early settler. The town was also known as Mouth of Hood and Blainetown. Blaine was incorporated in 1886. The Blain post office opened in 1828, closed in 1829, and reopened as Blaine in 1837. The population in 2000 was 245.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2015 David C. Elbon