Bryantsville is a Garrard county community about six miles northwest of Lancaster. It originated as Smith's Station in 1779, became known as Smithtown, and was named Bryantsville, for a local family, in 1836. The first post office, opened in 1818, was called Burnt Tavern and was renamed Bryantsville in 1845.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2015 David C. Elbon