Camargo is a Montgomery county town southeast of Mount Sterling. The origin of the name is uncertain, but it may have been named for a town in Mexico by veterans of the Mexican War. Camargo was incorporated in 1969. A Camargo post office operated from 1848 to 1963. The population in 2010 was 1,081.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2014 David C. Elbon