Campbellsville, the seat of Taylor county, is located near the center of the county at the junction of KY 55 and KY 70, just north of Green River Lake State Park. It was settled beginning around 1808 and was established in 1817. The name is from Andrew Campbell, who owned the site. Campbellsville was incorporated in 1851. The Campbellsville post office opened in 1817. The population in 2010 was 9,108.
Campbellsville is the home of Campbellsville University.
The Taylor County Courthouse in Campbellsville.
- Campbellsville, City of
- Campbellsville Independent Schools
- Campbellsville/Taylor County Chamber of Commerce
- Taylor County Fiscal Court
- Taylor County Public Library
- Taylor County Schools
- Taylor County Tourism
- Team Taylor County - Campbellsville-Taylor County Economic Development Authority
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon