Clarksburg is a Lewis county community about a mile west of Vanceburg. It was named for William Clark and was the seat of Lewis county from 1809 to 1864, when it moved to Vanceburg. The Lewis County Court House post office opened in 1811, was renamed Clarksburg in 1820, and closed in 1932.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon