Coal Run, Kentucky
Coal Run is a western Pike county town on the northwestern edge of Pikeville. There was a Coal Run Station nearby on the C & O Railroad. Coal Run was established officially in 1863 and Coal Run Village was incorporated in 1963. The Coal Run post office opened in 1866, became a branch of the Pikeville post office in 1959, and closed in 1974. The population in 2010 was 1,706.