Colby was a Clark county community on Todds Road between Winchester and Lexington. It was named for Colby Taylor's tavern, which opened in 1822. A Colby post office opened at the tavern in 1826 and closed by 1850. The Lexington and Big Sandy Railroad passed near the site some years later and a Colby Station post office operated there from 1890 to 1894.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon