Cottage Furnace, Kentucky
Cottage Furnace was an Estill county community on Marbleyard Ridge at the head of Tickey Fork about six miles northeast of Irvine. The Cottage Furnace was built in 1853 and operated until 1879. The community around the furnace was also known as Marbleyard. The Cottage Furnace post office opened in 1854 and closed in 1861. A Union Hall post office operated nearby from 1879 till 1943.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon