Crittenden is a northern Grant county town that began around a tavern established early in the nineteenth century. The community was originally known as Pin Hook and was named Crittenden, for John J. Crittenden, in 1834. Crittenden was incorporated in 1839. A post office opened as Sanders in 1831 and was renamed Crittenden in 1834. The population in 2010 was 3,815.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2016 David C. Elbon