Crofton is a Christian county town about ten miles north of Hopkinsville on US 41 and KY 800. It was established in 1870 as a station on the Evansville, Henderson, and Nashville Railroad and named for James Croft, who provided the land. Crofton was incorporated in 1873. The Crofton post office opened in 1871, having moved from a nearby location where it had been known as Wooldridges Store since 1850. The population in 2010 was 749.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2015 David C. Elbon