David is a Floyd county town about seven miles southwest of Prestonsburg. It was created as a company town by the Princess Elkhorn Coal Company in 1941 and named for David L. Francis, general manager. The David post office opened in 1941.
David is the home of the David School, which opened in 1974, a high school “for Appalachian youth and adults who have limited financial resources and the potential to succeed in a non-traditional setting.”
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2014 David C. Elbon