Earlington is a Hopkins county city on US 41A just south of Madisonville. It was established by the Saint Bernard Mining Company and named for Madisonville lawyer John Baylis Earl. Earlington was incorporated in 1871. A Hall post office, named for a local family, opened in 1852 and closed in 1863. The Earlington post office opened in 1871. The population in 2010 was 1,413.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2015 David C. Elbon