Ewing, a Fleming county city about five miles west of Flemingsburg, was founded by Robert Ewing. In 1871 he donated land to the Maysville and Lexington Railroad for a depot on the site of the town. Ewing was established in 1880 and was incorporated in 1979. The Ewing post office opened in 1873. The population in 2010 was 264.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2016 David C. Elbon