Falmouth, the seat of Pendleton county, is located near the center of the county where the South Fork of the Licking River joins the main stem. Settlement of the town, which might have originally been known as Forks of Licking, began around 1780 and it was chartered in 1793 and named for Falmouth, Virginia. Falmouth was incorporated in 1856. The post office opened in 1801 as Falmouth or Pendleton Court House. The population in 2010 was 2,169.
- Pendleton County Chamber of Commerce/a>
- Pendleton County Fiscal Court
- Pendleton County Public Library
- Pendleton County Schools