Fredville is a Magoffin county community about 15 miles southeast of Salyersville on KY 7 and Licking River near the mouth of Whitley Branch. It was named for Fred Carpenter, son of the first postmaster, Cynthia Ann Carpenter. The post office opened in 1916, near the mouth of Buck Creek, moved east in 1946, and closed in 1990.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon