Goddard is a Fleming county community on KY 32 at Sand Creek southeast of Flemingsburg. The area was settled early in the nineteenth century and the name comes from Joseph Goddard, an early settler. The post office opened as Sandford in 1881, was renamed Goddard in 1902, and closed in 1958. The community was also known at various times as Hamburg and Tuffy.
A covered bridge crosses Sand Creek at Goddard.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2014 David C. Elbon