Goodloe is a Floyd county community about five miles southwest of Prestonsburg on KY 404 and Middle Creek. It is named to honor John Kemp Goodloe, a Mexican War veteran and Kentucky legislator. An Goodloe post office opened in 1875, was renamed Bob in 1908, possibly for the son of the postmaster, and closed in 1913. Another Goodloe post office opened nearby in 1910, eventually moving to the original Goodloe location. It closed in 1960.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon