Greensburg, the seat of Green county, is near the center of the county on the Green River. It began as Glover's Station, established by John Glover in 1780, and was renamed Greensburg in 1794 with the formation of the new county. The Greensburg or Greensburg Court House post office opened in 1807. The population in 2010 was 2,163.
The second Green County Courthouse, built in Greensburg in 1802 and in use until 1931, is the oldest surviving courthouse in Kentucky.
The 1802 Green County Courthouse in Greensburg.
- Green County Fiscal Court
- Green County Public Library
- Green County Schools
- Greensburg, City of
- Greensburg Record-Herald
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon