Greenville, the seat of Muhlenberg county, is located near the center of the county on US 62. It was founded in 1799 on land donated by William Campbell when the county was formed and named for General Nathanael Greene. The site is southeast of Caney Station, an earlier settlement. Greenville was incorporated in 1849. The Greenville post office opened in 1801. The population in 2010 was 4,312.
The Muhlenberg County Courthouse in Greenville.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2014 David C. Elbon