Haldeman is a Rowan county community about six miles northeast of Morehead. It was established about 1907 by L. P. Haldeman to house workers for his Kentucky Firebrick Company. The brickworks, under later owners, closed in 1951 and little remains of the town. At its peak there were several hundred workers at the plant. The Haldeman post office operated from 1907 until 1997.