Hawesville, the seat of Hancock county, is located on the Ohio River and US 60 in the northern part of the county. It was established in 1829 with the new county and named for Richard Hawes, who provided the land. Hawesville was incorporated in 1847. The Hawesville post office opened in 1829. The population in 2010 was 945.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2014 David C. Elbon