Johnsville is a northwestern Bracken county community about six miles northwest of Brooksville. The area was originally known as Fairview, but the post office opened in 1879 as Johnsville, for John Riley, the new postmaster, John Jackson, a resident, and Johnson Yelton, storekeeper. The post office closed in 1906. Johnsville was incorporated in 1884, but was later dissolved.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon