Kiser Station was a Bourbon county community on Stoner Creek at Coopers Run about five miles north of Paris. It was established about 1781 by John Kiser, his family, and others. His circa 1785 stone house still stands. At one time there were mills, a distillery, and other buildings. When the Covington and Lexington Railroad was built through the area the station was known as Kiserton. The Kiserton post office opened in 1890 and closed in 1912.
Peacock Road still crosses the railroad at Kiserton.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon