Laynesville was an eastern Floyd county community on the Levisa Fork of the Big Sandy River. It was founded in the early nineteenth century and named for the settler James Shannon Layne. A Lanesville post office opened in 1828 (the spelling was changed to Laynesville in 1878) and closed in 1917. Laynesville is now included within the Harold community.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon