Lone Oak, Kentucky
Lone Oak is a McCracken county community adjoining Paducah to the southwest on US 45. The community grew up around an 1873 mill built by a Dr. Pepper and was originally known as Pepper's Mill. It may have been known as Pottsville, for D. M. Potts, who owned a local store, as well. The name Lone Oak came from a large tree in the area. Parts of Lone Oak have been annexed by Paducah. Lone Oak was incorporated from 1979 to 2008. The Lone Oak post office operated from 1892 until 1908. The population in 2000 was 454.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon