Mackville, an eastern Washington county town, was chartered in 1818 as Maxville. The source of the name is not certain, although it may have been derived from the owner of the site of the town, Captain John M. McKittrick. Mackville was incorporated in 1967. The Mackville post office opened in 1826. The population in 2010 was 222.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2014 David C. Elbon