Maxon is a McCracken county community just west of Paducah on KY 305. The community originated with the mill of Morris Maxon on Massac Creek about 1870. The Maxon's Mill post office opened in 1870 and was renamed Maxonmill in 1895. In 1925 the post office moved closer to the new Maxon Station on the Illinois Central Railroad and was renamed West Paducah. The original site became known as Maxon.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon