McBrayer is an Anderson county commmunity a few miles south of Lawrenceburg. Named for a local family, the site became known as McBrayer Station. The Sidney post office, which opened a few miles away in 1888, moved and became McBrayer until it closed in 1917.
The Four Roses Distillery, built in 1910, is located at McBrayer on Bonds Mill Road.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon