McHenry is an Ohio county town on US 62 about three miles south of Hartford. A town named Hamelton was established by 1850, incorporated in 1874, and incorporated as McHenry in 1880. A Render Coal Mine post office opened in 1872 and renamed McHenry in 1874. The population in 2010 was 388.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2015 David C. Elbon