Melber is a southern McCracken county village on the boundary with Graves county. It was originally known as Lewisburg, for Lewis Helfer, owner of a nearby mill. It was later named Melber for a local family. The Melber post office opened in 1882.
The Melber post office in 1998.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2014 David C. Elbon