The mills operated from the early nineteenth century to the early twentieth. Distilleries operated nearby in Taylorton and Glenns Creek Station from the late nineteenth to late twentieth centuries. The Woodford Reserve Distillery is located just south of Millville. The distillery was established in 1780 by Elijah Pepper and the distillery building was built in 1838. It was also known as the Oscar Pepper Distillery and Labrot and Graham over the years before it became Woodford Reserve.