Moreland is in Bourbon county on the Lexington Road at Huston-Antioch Road a few miles southwest of Paris. It was the location William Moreland's circa 1833 tavern, known as the Ten Mile House for it's distance from Lexington. Moreland had operated an inn on the original Limestone Trace, now Bryan Station Road, and moved to the new site when the new road, known then as the Lexington-Maysville Pike, opened. That site became known as Moreland, Morelandsville, and Ten Mile House. There were a storehouse, various shops, and other buildings in the vicinity. Moreland died in 1852 and an Oddfellows Lodge built nearby was named for him. The Moreland post office operated from 1833 to 1861.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon