Mortons Gap, Kentucky
Mortons Gap is a Hopkins county city on US 41A about five miles south of Madisonville. It was established by the South Diamond Mining Company and named for the gap nearby, which was named for the Morton family, which settled in the area in the early nineteenth century. Mortons Gap was incorporated in 1888. The Mortons Gap post office opened in 1871. The population in 2010 was 863.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon