Mundys Landing, Kentucky
Mundys Landing was a Woodford county community on the Kentucky River. Established as a port across the river from Shawnee Run by Thomas Munday around 1806, it once had a ferry, mills, a lumber yard, a boat yard, and a tavern. Post offices operated intermittently from 1854 to 1905 as Munday's Landing and Mundy's. There has long been controversy about the spelling of the name, but modern maps generally use Mundys Landing. Nothing remains of the community but the tavern building, now a private residence.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2016 David C. Elbon