Oldtown is a Greenup county community on the Little Sandy River about 14 miles southwest of Greenup. The area was settled in the eighteenth century and was probably named for the remains of a Native American settlement. The Oldtown post office opened in 1836, closed in 1868, reopened at a new location in 1900, and closed finally in 1992.
The Oldtown covered bridge crosses the Little Sandy just south of the community.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon