Olive Hill, Kentucky
Olive Hill is a Carter county town on US 60 about 10 miles west of Grayson on Tygarts Creek. Settlement in the area began by about 1790 and the area may have been known as Cold Springs. The original site was on a hill, now known as Old Olive Hill, but the town moved to the tracks of the new Elizabethtown, Lexington, and Big Sandy Railroad in 1882. Olive Hill was originally incorporated in 1861. The Olive Hill post office opened in 1838. The population of Olive Hill in 2010 was 1,599.
Olive Hill was the seat of Beckham county, which was formed in February, 1904 and dissolved in April the same year.
The circa 1917 passenger depot is now the trailhead for network of hiking, biking, horse, and water trails.