Paint Lick, Kentucky
Paint Lick is a Garrard county town about ten miles east of Lancaster. It is located on KY 52 and Paint Lick Creek on the border with Madison county. The town began with Fort Paint Lick or Paint Lick Station built nearby by William Miller in 1776. The Paint Lick post office may have opened by 1817, but probably closed soon after and reopened in 1834.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2014 David C. Elbon