Paynes Depot, Kentucky
Paynes Depot is a small southern Scott county community on US 62. It was founded in 1792 and named for the Payne family, local land owners. It served as a wagon freight depot and became a stop on the Lexington and Ohio Railroad in 1834. A post office operated here from 1852 until 1925.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon