Point Leavell, Kentucky
Point Leavell is in Garrard county about four miles southeast of Lancaster. It was a station on the Richmond Branch of the Louisville and Nashville Railroad, which operated from 1868 to 1933, and was named for one or both of John Y. Leavell and Louis Y. Leavell, brothers and local land owners. The Point Leavell post office opened in 1887 and closed in 1912.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon