Preston is a Bath county community about three miles south of Owingsville. It was established in 1881 as Preston Station on the Lexington and Big Sandy Railroad and named for a local land owner. The post office opened in 1882 as Crooks and was renamed Preston in 1913. It was discontinued in 1994.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon