Saint Francis, Kentucky
Saint Francis is northwestern Marion county town at the intersection of KY 52 and KY 527 about one mile west of Loretto. It was settled in the early nineteenth century and a post office opened in 1834 as Chicago, named for the city in Illinois. The town was incorporated with that name in 1870. In 1938 the post office and town were renamed Saint Francis, after the local St. Francis of Assisi Church.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon