Saint Mary, Kentucky
Saint Mary, a Marion county town about four miles west of Lebanon on KY 84, was settled around 1785 and was known as Hardins Creek. The area was called Saint Charles, for the Saint Charles county, Maryland home of some early settlers, but the post office and town were named Saint Mary's in 1858 for Saint Mary's College, which was founded here in 1821. The college closed in 1976. Saint Mary was incorporated in 1865.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2014 David C. Elbon