Samuels is a northwestern Nelson county community on KY 245. The area was settled by the early nineteenth century and in 1844 became the site of T.W. Samuels distillery, of one of the first commercial bourbon distilleries in the region. In 1860 the post office at nearby Deatsville moved to the site and was renamed Samuels Depot, for a stop on the new Louisville and Bardstown Railroad. In 1894 the name was shortened to Samuels and the post office closed around 1980.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon